Some interesting facts about the The Westover Plantation:
- Westover Plantation, was built in the Georgian style c. 1750 by William Byrd II, the founder of Richmond.
- Civil War TV Drama “Point of Honor” was filmed here:
- During the American Civil War, Westover was used as headquarters of the Union Fifth Corps.
- William Byrd II, founder of the city of Richmond was buried here.
- Some temporary constructions were built here for the movie filming.
- Westover Plantation is located on the north bank of the James River in Charles City County, Virginia.
- It is noteworthy for its secret passages, magnificent gardens, and architectural details.
- Turning from the river to the north side of the house, the visitor will find the famous Westover gates, with William Evelyn Byrd’s initials incorporated in the delicate ironwork.