Open the image of a building:
- Select the building, using Magnetic Lasso Tool or Magic Wand Tool.
- Copy and paste it into Sky Image.
- Transform it in Edit > free transform and perspective transform.
- Repeat these actions for texture of the ground, rocks or other surface.
- Make smooth transitions between borders of the sky, building and the ground using a Clone Stamp and Blur Tool.
- If you have difficulties, the detailed description in the example here.
- Click on Quick Mask.
- Fill the areas which are supposed to be icy using soft brush.
- Click on Quick Mask again:
- Go to Filter > Artistic > Plastic warp:
- Filter > Distort > Glass:
- Make the building transparent like an ice.
- Erase some places using soft and translucent brush.
- I have added a small fog in the new layer.
- I used a soft translucent brush and the Guassian Blur filter.
Creation of Ice effect:
And here is the result! Click for larger view.