You may get .psd* file of "Mysterious Hollow" Photoshop tutorial by making a donation. Put the tutorial title in "Add special instructions to seller" line of PayPal and it will be sent to you shortly.
- Used pictures.
Birds brushes from here
- Open landscape image in Photoshop document. I used 1500 px, width size and resolution 144 px.
- Unlock background layer. Create a new empty layer. Make it basic bottom layer. Now you can easily move and transform a landscape and other new layers.
- Correct canvas size. Choose Image > Canvas Size.
- Specify the suitable sizes of the future collage.
- Correct image adjustments (colors, brightness, contrast and others). You can make it in several ways, I used the following options.
- Image > Adjustments > Auto Levels.
- Image > Adjustments > Auto Contrast.
- Image > Adjustments > Hue Saturation > Saturation ~ -50.
- Image > Adjustments > Photo Filter >Choose dark blue color and Density 70%.
- Remove sky from landscape and paste a new one.
- Choose Filter > Extract.
- Select the Edge Highlighter tool , and draw to define the edge of the horizon.
- Select the Fill tool . Click inside the object to fill ground area.
- Click OK to apply the final extraction.